Serving the Willamette Valley!
Dr. Jason Oilar
About Dr. Jason Oilar
Dr. Jason Oilar grew up in Myrtle Creek, Oregon. He has lived and practiced in several locations across the country including Pittsburgh, Minneapolis and Fort Lauderdale. He has received degrees and training from the following institutions:
- Nova Southeastern University – Doctor of Optometry (OD)
- Braverman Eye Center – Residency Trained is Ocular Disease and Geriatric Optometry
- Nova Southeastern University – Bachelor of Science in Vision Science (BS)
- Oregon State University – Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Florida International University – Bachelor of Arts in Economics (BA)
He is currently involved in the following organizations:
- Fellow of the Scleral Lens Education Society (FSLS)
- Fellow of the International Academy of Orthokeratology and Myopia Control (FIAOMC) (only fellow in Oregon, 1 of 130 worldwide)
He specializes in the following areas of optometric care:
- Specialty Contact Lenses
- Scleral lenses for keratoconus and other corneal ectasias and dry eyes
- Orthokeratology for myopia control and vision correction
- Advanced RGP lenses
- Custom soft contact lenses
- Geriatric Optometry
- Medical Eye Exams
- Dry Eye Disease
Dr. Oilar has focused his practice in the area of specialty contact lenses and medical eye care. His passion is restoring vision and the quality of life for patients that suffer from corneal disease and other age related eye conditions. He also takes great pride in preventing vision loss through the technique of orthokeratology, which can prevent the progression of nearsightedness in children and subsequent ocular complications.
During his time outside of the office, he enjoys spending time with his family, his wife Juliana, son Lucas and daughter Isabel.